You're newly arrived here, you see a few recent posts on the main page, but unsure of where to go next? To help you get the most out of Surviving in Japan and the wealth of useful content you'll find here, I've compiled some good places to start on this page.
If you're wondering what Surviving in Japan is, essentially it's an unconventional how-to guide on living in Japan, one created out of my curiosity and desire to gain a better understanding of how to live in Japan as an expat, or "foreigner", or "gaijin" as other expats in Japan often refer to each other. The information you'll find throughout this blog is unique, and most of it you won't find anywhere else.
For more about Surviving in Japan, and who I am (Ashley, the author of this blog), feel free to read the About page.
Now, where to go first?
If you are planning a move to Japan, try Packing for Japan - Q&A
And for those first few weeks, try, 8 tools for surviving in Japan
Here's what others have found most helpful - according to traffic:
Most Popular Posts
1. HOW TO: Find (good) deodorant in Japan
2. A guide to sanitary napkins in Japan
3. A guide to tampons in Japan
4. HOW TO: Do a furikomi (bank transfer)
5. HOW TO: Find hydrogen peroxide in Japan
6. Surviving the rainy season in Japan - 40 tips
7. How much money to give at a Japanese wedding
8. How to not make a fool of yourself at a Japanese wedding
9. HOW TO: Find the haircare you need
10. HOW TO: Find (good) toothpaste in Japan
11. 8 ways to winterize your Japanese home or apartment
12. HOW TO: Make a hotel reservation online in Japanese
13. Sweat Etiquette
14: From the Sempai: How to find skincare in Japan
15. 10 Reasons to Visit (or not visit) Shizuoka
16. Fukuroi Fireworks Festival 2010
17. Fall is the Season for Eating - Japan Blog Matsuri
18. HOW TO: Find outdoor gear in Japan
19. How to have a cheap wedding in Japan
20. 7 words to know when you have a cold
Browse the How-to Guides
Next, you may want to check out the How-to Guides - with a list sorted by topic, such as the following (clicking each link will take you to that list on the How-to Guides page):
From the Sempai - series
Q&A - series
Finally, you may want to check out The Best of Surviving in Japan 2010.
If you still can't find what you're looking for, there's a little search box on the right side of the menu bar. And if that isn't enough, please feel free to contact me and share your ideas! I'm constantly working on new how-to's and post ideas, and your feedback and ideas are invaluable.
Lastly, all you need to do is subscribe (via RSS or email) so you don't miss any new posts!
Thanks for stopping by! We're thrilled to see you. :)