And now, for November's theme. But wait, some of you may be wondering, "what IS the Japan Blog Matsuri?" For more info on that, check out this page. Essentially, every month a different blogger hosts this blog carnival/festival, and other bloggers submit a post based on that month's theme. ANYONE can submit a post - even if you are not a Japan blogger! (And hey, it's great exposure for you as well).
Interested? Ok, so November's theme is:
"Fall is the season for eating", roughly translated from an actual Japanese saying: 食欲の秋 (shokuyoku no aki).
|Oden - a cold weather dish|
Feel free to be creative - you don't need to focus on traditional Japanese food. Even if it's some kind of fusion cuisine, or perhaps non-Japanese food that people enjoy eating during the Fall in Japan. Or, maybe the Americans living in Japan want to share how they make Thanksgiving dinner happen. ;)
Rules and Guidelines
1. Please adhere to the full rules and guidelines you can read here.
2. Older posts are ok, but we really want to see something new!
3. Try to be succinct - nothing too long (and stay on topic).
4. Include at least one photo (because we all like photos! and why not, if the topic is food?). Video is ok, as long as it is embedded in the post, and you include the one photo.
5. Include the theme and mention the Japan Blog Matsuri in your post, then link the theme to this page. After I've posted all the submissions, feel free to link to that page instead.
6. Spread the word! Tweet it, share it on Facebook, etc.
How to Submit
1. Leave a link to your submission in the comments below.
2. Send me a link via my contact form.
3. DM me on Twitter, @survivingnjapan.
4. Submit via the Blog Carnival Widget.
Deadline for submissions: Nov 23rd
The November Matsuri will go live on November 25th.
I look forward to reading your submissions, and if you have any questions, feel free to read the Japan Blog Matsuri FAQ, or ask below in the comments.